Friday, April 6, 2012

I Made a Boo Boo


Before we get started on the quilt along, I need to bring it to your attention that I made a boo boo in the fabric requirements and I feel absolutely sick to my stomach over it because it could cause some grief for you. For the fabric that you have picked for the #6 position, I put that you would need either a fat quarter or a half yard depending on which size quilt you were making. 

In my addition I must have overlooked somehow the smaller pieces that are towards the middle of the quilt. I don't know how I missed it over and over again when I checked and double checked my math, but somehow I did and for that I am truly sorry. 

The requirements have been updated on the original post to say that you will need 1/3 yard for the 50" or 2/3 yard for the 70". 

Some options for you, if you have already purchased your fabrics and don't have enough, are to of course purchase some more, or to pick a different fabric to use in those 8 smaller pieces.   You'll see that the cutting requirements for #6 include eight 6" squares (or 8" if you are making the larger quilt). Four of those squares will be for those smaller pieces towards the middle. You can easily get this from a fat quarter regardless of which size you are making.

I'll make it up to you guys somehow, somewhere. I promise. We are going to continue on with the original schedule, even though some may have to order some more fabric. The reason for this is because of the way I have it separated for the piecing you won't be touching some of that fabric for a couple of weeks yet. 

The cutting instructions will be up by this afternoon. I want to triple and quadruple check them first!




3 comments:

Alli said...

Poor thing! I'm sure it'll be fine -- it's really nice of you to design and and organize a quilt along! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Julie! I know how sick you must be making yourself over this. Don't fret. These quilt alongs are hard work and you aren't being compensated at all. Don't worry about it. :)
Karen

Rebecca said...

I can't remember which fabrics I assigned to which number, ha! It will all work out. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to do the quilt along and sharing your pattern. :)

Post a Comment