Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whoops - WIP Wednesday


I skipped last week. Bad blogger! I just basically forgot to get pictures of everything - I spent all my time sewing, until late in the evenings, and well.. then it was Wednesday and I had no photos!

So this week's a double progress week ;)

On Ogee:
All of my curved blocks are finally pieced, and paired. I still need to create the 4 patch blocks with the curves, resize my center squares, and complete the top... but the curved blocks are progress nonetheless. :)


On M&W D9P:
This one's actually done. I got in this mega fast mode, finished up the blocks, assembled the top, made a fun little pocket to attach (can you see it?!), basted it, quilted it, and bound it... in about two days.


Look! A little doggie poking out of the pocket!


On Swoon:
I promised good photos, and it's been raining a lot lately, but I finally got 'em!



And the back:


I'm so excited to send these two quilts off to their new owners!

Okay, so that's a few finishes, time for an actual WIP, eh?

Haunted House:
I went balls to the wall here and finally basted this sucker. Who wants to guess how much basting spray is on my dining room floor? While I was at it, I snagged a pic of the pieced backing. See the Eerie Alley hearses in the upper left corner of the back? Those are from my grandma. I try to incorporate at least one piece of fabric from her in all of my personal quilts. :)


And while I'm at it, a shot of my basting helper. He's finally learned to just stay on the very outside edge and watch. Could be a result of flailing limbs and odd screeches that came his way every time he tried to step on a quilt in progress.... but I'm not sayin' for sure.


(Why yes, that is a chewed up corner of the baseboard, thanks for noticing! We can thank one of the above's puppy cohorts for that. It wasn't him, though.)

and on the Halloween front, I finished up my table runner! It's reversible - I created Christmas snowball blocks for the reverse and bound in a green that coordinates with both sides - so now I only have to store one runner, but I'm prepped for both holidays! Also, be on the lookout for a bloggy adventure in Halloween crafting soon. I'm pairing up with the Fabric Donkey. We're working on details, but leaning towards some serious crafting fun come September!




I had a few mini projects that occurred this week, too... Including this ugly doll recreation. I've had a smidge of crafting ADD.

Linking up to Lee, as usual!


 

15 comments:

Lynne said...

Progress on many fronts - well done.

Cindy said...

Your quilt backs are lovely. I'm trying to design a pieced back for one of mine and will absolutely take inspiration from yours. Thanks for sharing!

Jana said...

I LOVE your Ogee. Those colors are so pretty. Also love the Doggie quilt. So will my daughter when I show her. AND the horse too. Very cool that you try to get your Grandma in each quilt. AND your monster is adorable. I'll have to show that to my other daughter.

Al said...

That Halloween quilt is *love*. I seriously can't wait to see it together.
And the monster teeth make me happy.
I'm such a strange girl.. ;)

Amy said...

wow all of your projects are great!! I love the ogee! and the Halloween quilt works... I think Halloween is my second fave holiday

FabricDonkey said...

Gorgeous all around! You are unbelievably generous making such beautiful and thoughtful quilts for two children you don't even know. I love that you incorporate your grandma in all your quilts. <3

Live a Colorful Life said...

Whoa. You've got a lot going on! And it all looks fabulous. I love it that you try to add your grandma's fabric in your quilts.

Melinda said...

Love your Ugly doll! I actually started making one that was a pencil case for my daughter but never finished it. Then I pulled it out of my stash one day and decided to finish it as a mini doll. She already had a big one so we decided the little one I made was for her American Girl doll! love your quilting projects!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Okay, I love that ugly doll! Awesome! Great table runner too! And the horse quilt is stunning!

Lynette said...

Your ogee is looking so good! And I love seeing your horse every time. :D

Katie B said...

I can't get over your Swoon quilt. Way too cool!

Bonus points for working "balls to the walls" into a WIP Wed post!

Evelene S said...

Boy you really had your nose to the grindstone and look at those beautiful quilts you finished. Great job!!!

Lee said...

The Ogee is sooooo pretty! And I love the Swoon quilt too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Leanne said...

It is all so wonderful, I especially love Swoon!

Rebecca said...

Great progress on the Ogee! I love the pocket on the DP9! I love the table runner too. All decor should be reversible fall to winter, what a space saver.

Post a Comment