Monday, March 5, 2012

Modern Mini Challenge and an Announcement!


Y'all didn't think I was going to let Bree have all of the fun did you? I put together a mini myself and in true Julie fashion I waited until the last minute and spent the weekend doing it!

Now, mine doesn't have a beautiful meaning behind it like Bree's does, but it was still fun!

Modern Mini Challenge entry

I so love the Owl and the Pussycat, so I built it around them.

Modern Mini Challenge

I only quilted in the blue solid, my hope was that it would make the prints pop out a bit.

Modern Mini Challenge

Now for the announcement! If you'd like to make one of these for yourself then come back and join us for a quilt along! We'll be making this pattern except on a much LARGER scale. We're hoping to start it up by the end of the month, once the dust settles from my upcoming swap deadlines that is :) We look forward to having you quilt along with us!

I'm linking this up to the Modern Mini Challenge, wish me luck!

Modern Mini Challenge


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! It looks great. =]

I want to join in for the quilt along!

Melinda said...

Cute owl and pussycat! I never think to fussy cut things for centers!

Leanne said...

That is a lovely quilt, love the fabrics you used and the quilting is just right.

Heidi Grohs said...

Ohhhhh.....tempting the quilt-a-long!!!

It is adorable. I don't know what I was thinking with mine! Teehee!!!

Post a Comment