Monday, January 7, 2013

Let's Do This Then!


Twice in the past week I have been invited into different groups for help and encouragement for finishing projects, probably because of my amount of UFOs and desire to actually finish them! They both have a great support system in place and link up parties to show off any progress you have made. 

Now, I have tried this before with the Just Three linkup and didn't do so well. Not because of the linkup itself (Love Ya Tracey!) but because apparently three goals in one month was just too much for me to try to do. I let myself get discouraged (with myself) at the end of each month because I didn't meet those goals.

So I'm going to try these other two and see how they pan out. One of them is one goal per month, and the other one is quarterly, you set the amount of goals yourself. 


First up is the A Lovely Year of Finishes group. 

One goal per month for this one and I'm going to pick the Prince Charming quilt.

Prince Charming quilt top

Man I cringe every time I look at this picture. I'm going to finish this bad boy up so that I don't keep subjecting you guys to this late night, washed out photo. 


Next up is the 2013 Finish Along hosted by my pal Leanne over at She Can Quilt.

I'm going to double dip with these link up parties and keep it simple. My goals for Quarter 1 are to:

Finish the Prince Charming Quilt-it needs to be quilted, trimmed and bound.

Finish the Weekender Bag-The lining and inside pockets need to be created and then sewn into place

Weekender outer shell

Finish the Castle Peeps Quilt-basted, needs to be quilted, trimmed and bound.

My Precious QAL completed top

That's it for Quarter 1, if I finish those three then I will be extremely happy. I'll set the goal for one per month and try to use those as my Lovely Year of Finishes goals too. If I can squeeze a different project in there for that, then even better!!

And I realized as I was writing this post that I didn't have to take a single new picture for it, which means you've seen these photos before (and more than once I know!). So maybe I will find a new project to start before I bore you guys to death! 

You can find the link up parties by clicking on the buttons below or over on the sidebar. Come join us!



she can quilt



4 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I re-use photos all the time! Ain't no thang! ;)
these look great!

Leanne said...

I love each of these projects, your finishes are going to be beautiful!

felicity said...

Another photo re-user here, especially for those "aged" projects. Let's do this indeed! Woooooo!

leanne said...

I'm doing both finish ups as well - fingers crossed that we get those projects done - I love your Castle Peeps quilt :)

Post a Comment