Thursday, March 17, 2011

More Pay it Forwards, a Quilt Along and Some Other Random Updates...


Pay it forward #2 has been received, yay! 

This one went to my friend-in-a-box Leslie


She's a fan of gnomes and all things whimsy


I admit that I am too




This one was my favorite part, I love to paper piece


Here's a sneak peek of Pay it Forward #3


It's finished but isn't on it's way to it's new owner just yet, I'll update when she gets it.

In quilting news I joined another quilt along and started pulling fabrics last night

Lee over at Freshly Pieced is hosting the Supernova Quilt Along

Made by Lee at Freshly Pieced

How awesome is this quilt?

I pulled out my Parisville fat quarter bundle last night and after very enthusiastic approval from Bree I do believe I'm going to use it


I am a little concerned about the scale of some of the prints and may have to pull them and duplicate some of the others to make to work. All I have left is to find a solid and I should be able to do that with this handy dandy tool


I got it in the mail yesterday and am ridiculously excited about it. I live in a rinky dink little town with a small quilt shop that carries exactly 3 solid colors: white, cream and pink. I always have to travel to the neighboring big city and that's a lot of work sometimes, not to mention gas! I've already used it twice since receiving it yesterday and am excited to have it in my arsenal.

I'm diligently working on my clock so that tutorial will be up soon, promise. I've fallen trap to the living in a small town problem and need to get one more supply before I can finish it up. I apologize for it taking so long already. I didn't realize it was going to be such a hit when I made that one so I didn't think to take pictures. Then I couldn't decide how I wanted mine to look so I had to brainstorm a bit. Now I have a plan and am loving how it's coming together. I think you'll like it too, it's a bit different. I also have some fun pictures to share from my sewing weekend when I showed my friend Karen and her Mom, Aunt and Cousin how to make their own so stay tuned.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!



3 comments:

Lee said...

Yay, thanks for joining up! I can't wait to get started! I think Parisville is a great choice! For the larger-scale prints, you could always try fussy cutting to get the colors and/or the parts of the print that you want.

Lee said...

Oh, and I think I'm in love with that windmill block! How cute is that! And in Hideaway too! : )

Rebecca said...

Oh beautiful work & I love those fabrics. I'm excited for the clock. =] What a cutie!

Post a Comment