Monday, April 1, 2013

A Wedge-ulous Finish!


Holy Smokes you guys, it's finally done!! 

Ok, technically, it's been done for about a week now, but this past week has been a bit crazy and I totally, completely forgot to blog about it! I have about 3 hours left before the link up for the Lovely Year of Finishes closes for March, and since this is my March goal I'm going to squeak it in under the wire here. Me? Last minute on linking up? What else is new?

So here she is, in all her glory!!


Untitled

I quilted lines echoing the shape of the wedges. I've really been loving the soft drape of quilts with minimal quilting lately.


Untitled

Now, I do still love dense quilting too, but I really wanted the fabrics and colors to shine in this one.

I had a ton of fun with the back, creating more wedge shapes out of solids that coordinated with the colors of the front.


Untitled

There she is, finally!! I love this quilt a lot, though there is a chance it won't be staying with me. I will share more on that with you later, when I have pictures to accompany the post! 

I'm going to hit post and get this linked up. You should come check out what everybody else has been working on!

This finish also completes my goals for Quarter 1 of the 2013 Finish A Long!

And linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday!




13 comments:

felicity said...

Hello, gorgeous! I love everything about this quilt and I just know how excited you must be to have an updated photo of this beauty ;). The backing is particularly inspired. Love. It.

Jennifer said...

yayyyy it looks wonderful!!

FabricDonkey said...

I've been drooling over this since your first sneak peak of it as a WIP and I'm still drooling now. Gorgeous!

Katie said...

beautiful quilt Julie

CapitolaQuilter said...

Love this quilt and the back is quite a clever contrast. better a late link up than a miss. Congrats.

Carolyn said...

Wow! Beautiful! i love that both sides have an identity all their own.

Rebecca said...

Love this! The back is great, I like how the wedge shapes on the back go vertical. And the quilting is perfect.

Tina Craig said...

This quilt is so cool! Love it!

Carla said...

What a wonderful quilt! Great finish ; )

Stitches said...

Wow, what an impact this quilt makes..I am really just learning to appreciate modern quilting..this one is gorgeous.

Shauna said...

Very cool quilt!

Love Of Quilts said...

Gorgeous!

Leanne said...

This turned out so nice, I love the back too!

Post a Comment