Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday #23


I had a busy week, lots of progress and a few finishes even, go me!

Let's start with the finishes...



Postage Stamp Quilt Along with Rachel at P.S. I Quilt

It's done, it's done, it's finally done!



I almost didn't do this quilt along, then I saw Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain and thought that the rainbow effect would be lovely in this pattern



I had grand plans for the back, it took a little bit of time to carry them through. I knew what I wanted but couldn't decide on colors right away.

 (sorry about that crooked picture, the line I hang these on is crooked and I forgot to tilt the camera!)

Then this precious little bird...I saw it on the Birdie Stitches Block of the Month and pictured it with a rainbow colored belly. I had to incorporate it into a project somehow and was so happy to find the perfect one.



I quilted it with loopy loops, first time I've done that. I thought it gave it a nice whimsical feel.


Moose got to be the first to test drive it



I also finished up a couple of more bee blocks.

These are for Stephanie for the Christmas Bee. She requested Mod Mosaic so that's what she's getting!



In Progress

Supernova Quilt Along with Lee at Freshly Pieced-The top is put together and I have a plan for my backing. I need to pick up some more of the solid to carry it out. This is going on hold for about a week while I work on some deadlines.

It's a Hoot String Quilt-It's still sitting in the bag, this one is also put on temporary hold while I finish these deadlines

My sneak peek project-Also on temporary hold

Gift quilts-These are the deadline projects, I have to have them finished by Friday! All I have left to do is hand sew the binding down.


Bee Blocks for Erin-I started cutting and have a plan, just need the time.

Projects on hold

On the Road to Spring Quilt Along-It's ready to be quilted, I had to put this one aside for now while I finish up some other things.

Lollipop bento box quilt

Strawberry Lemonade snowball quilt

Strawberry Lemonade ritzy cracker quilt

Dill Blossoms hexagon quilt

New Projects

Ogee/Curlicue Quilt Along
Naked Bed Challenge
Bella Parade

You can find out more about these by clicking on the buttons on the sidebar


I'm linking up, go check out everybody else's progress!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

Amy said...

very nice rainbow effect. love the birdie from LMS on the back.

Linz said...

WOW!!! That postage stamp quilt is amazing! I love EVERYTHING about it!! The Rainbow, the birdy... everything! GREAT job!!

I can't wait to see more!

Bree said...

Your postage stamp quilt is beautiful! The back is so fun, I especially like the bird block.

LisaAnn said...

I agree with the others...your postage stamp quilt is beautiful. I love the loopy quilting! I am going to have to try that next!

Bree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Super postage stamp quilt....love the colors. Sweet baby

Anonymous said...

Love the rainbow theme on your postage stamp. And the little birdie embroidery on the back is fantastic!

Kerstin said...

Super cute quilt, from fabric to quilting!

Lee said...

OMG, your postage stamp quilt is GORGEOUS! I totally need to make one of those. The birdie on the back is just the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Leanne said...

Your postage stamp quilt is so great! Thank you for showing the close ups of the quilting, I want to try this loopy quilting so it is great to see it well. And the mosaic blocks are great!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

The postage stamp quilt is amazing, I totally admire you doing extra for the back too!

Megan said...

OMG, your postage stamp quilt is my favorite one I've seen! The backing strip with the embroidery totally makes the quilt!

Post a Comment