Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday...The One Where I Need Help


It's actually been quite a productive week around these parts. 

Mouthy Stitches Swap pouch done and sent out

Mouthy Stitches Swap front


It's winging it's way across the pond so it will be a week or so before I hear if my partner likes it. I'm quite nervous!


I've also been hard at work on my For the Love of Solids project

For the Love of Solids sneaky peek. It's almost done!

It's almost done, I'll share the finish once I get the binding sewn down and finish up the small item to go with it.

This has been my major project this past week

Little Faces WIP

I've got my Little Faces quilt top done, backing done, and it's basted and ready to quilt, whoo hoo!

Ok, here's where I need help. I can't for the life of me decide how to quilt it. I won't tell you what my thoughts are yet because I don't want to influence any suggestions. How would you quilt this one?

Linking it up!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Photobucket

5 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

this looks like a quilt to be sent for a custom quilting job if I've ever seen one!

It's so cute. :) Maybe hand-quilt around each house with a couple strands of perle cotton, and then in the sashing and next to the sashing? But seriously -- a long arm that could swirl in the sky and then do some kind of different treatment in the border would be awesome... I know, I know... expensive too. :P Great projects though!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie, that is fantastic!!! I agree with Tracey, but I bet you can bang out some swirls and small loopy loops in the sky horizontally to give the movement of wind.
Karen J.

Leanne said...

Nice projects! I love those little faces. If you don't hand quilt, I would do a stipple or other all over design in the skys and then some kind of lines in the borders and leave the houses alone. Or maybe just do a few bits on the house to tack parts of them down. I can't wait to see what you do.

Jen said...

This is gorgeous! I wold stitch in the ditch around the sashimg and the houses to stabilize. The. I would hand quilt. I think this just screams for some large quilt stitches. Don't make it perfect, just perfectly homemade. There's so much busyness I think you can get away with minimal quilting, just make sure to do some SITD.

Laura said...

My first thought is hand quilt ... and I see other people have the same thoughts!

Post a Comment