Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Again Already?


I know I'm not the only one that Wednesday sneaks up on each week but man, it never ceases to amaze me how fast it comes around! I totally meant to blog this past week about my swap projects, I took pictures and everything! I guess since it's Wednesday again, and they are what I've been focused on this past week, then I'll just share them today!

My partner in the For the Love of Solids Swap likes darker blues, greens and gray. If you know me then you'll know I'm totally not a fan of gray and darker colors. She also likes geometric designs which usually escape me. So I brainstormed, sketched, brainstormed some more and finally came up with a plan of attack. Then Bree pinned a circle of flying geese paper piecing pattern one night and it was the perfect and obvious addition to what I had already come up with.

So here's what I have so far

FTLOS beginnings, not sure where I'm going next with this but it's a start!


It's a bit more wrinkly then I'd like at the moment. I need to clip those curves and hope that it will lie flatter than this. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going next with it, I'm thinking a border in one of the greens, then a border of patchwork squares, then a gray border perhaps? I need to play with it some. Either way it needs to be bigger, it's only 12.5" right now.

My partner in the Mouthy Stitches Pouch Swap is a little easier, her tastes are VERY similar to mine. I figured I could make something that I would want to keep and she would be happy, lol. I can only show sneak peeks so far, in case she's the crafty type and follows my Flickr photos to the blog. There is something in the design that if I show it right now will probably give it away that I'm making it for her. Fortunately the swap deadline is a mere week and half away, so I'll be able to show the whole thing soon!


Mouthy Stitches pouch swap front sneak peek




Mouthy Stitches Pouch Swap back sneak peek


I also focused on more Off the Rail blocks this week, only 4 more left and then I'll be piecing a top together! Here's a quick photo I snapped the other night while in progress. As you can see I had seven blocks to go at this point. It barely fits on my design wall! It should be a nice twin size when it's complete. 


Seeing it up on the wall reminds me very much of my first quilt, the one I made for Bug.


Don't you think so? Well, I have always said this is my favorite of all of the quilts I've ever made!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

Dee said...

Such fun projects to be working on...but I'm so loving the Circle Flying Geese for the swap!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Hideaway quilt! And your swap items are really pretty. Great job!

Karen

Heather said...

I love rail quilts. They are so simple and always looks wonderful.

Jessica Kelly said...

Love that rail quilt and your swap projects! That hand stitching with the linen is just to die for, great WIPs!!

Lee said...

Wow, that solids swap project looks great. I'm sure when you clip the curves it will lie flat just fine. And those cups with the hand-stitching are soooo cute! Eek! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Heidi Staples said...

I'm just crazy about your Mouthy Stitches pieces...absolutely adorable!!!

Kelly said...

Love your FTLOS swap, I am a sucker for flying geese and your Mouthy sticthes pouch is just gorgeous!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

your projects are wonderful, such eye candy- but WOW on the swap block. simply amazing!

Anonymous said...

The FTLOSs piece is awesome and the pouch...oh my!

Patti said...

Wow, your circle of geese block is amazing! The mouthy stitches pouch is going to be fabulous with those cute CH mugs! I really love how the red makes the rails pop in the quilt.

Post a Comment