Thursday, July 12, 2012

Testers Wanted!

Update: We have all the testers we need, thanks so much for the great response!! If you are still interested in pattern testing, keep your eyes peeled because we'll be releasing more patterns soon!

Hey guys, it's Julie here. I've got an exciting announcement to make!

Bree and I have both written our very first paid patterns!!

We've done a lot of freebies, both here on the blog and in Bree's case with Riley Blake Cutting Corners College, but we're ready to branch out and try to make a little money with this craft of ours. 

Now we need your help, we need some pattern testers! 

I'm going to tell you a bit about my pattern first and then I'll let Bree take over and tell you about hers. Remember in the last post when I said you'll see just how much we think alike?  Well, check these patterns out. 

First up is mine, and I have named it

Mod Pop


Mod Pop uses the traditional drunkard's path block to create this fun and modern design. It can be made scrappy, two-toned or with an entire fabric collection. It is both scrap and fat quarter friendly, which is something I tend to look for in quilt patterns. 

The pattern has instructions and fabric requirements for four different sizes, from baby to queen. It utilizes templates for the drunkard's path blocks, which are included in the pattern.

As a tester I will need you to be comfortable with attempting the curved piecing. You can make any size you desire from the pattern and all I will need is a completed quilt top to get your feedback.

I will also need honest, constructive feedback so that I can fine tune the pattern if needed to make it easy to read and follow. I will need the testing to be completed and feedback received no later than August 15th.

If you are interested in testing just leave a comment here letting me know that you are and I'll get back to you. If you have a no-reply account then please leave a way for me to contact you in your comment. 

Ok Bree, your turn!!








Hey guys! I drag around my graphing paper with me everywhere I go and try to find inspiration in everyday things. In this case, the neat and organized design of latticework paired with the freeing, fanciful feelings of bright, modern fabric. I present to you:


Gypsy Dance






Gypsy Dance is a pattern designed for a confident beginner or intermediate quilter. It includes piecing instructions for two sizes - a crib size and a twin size. Piecing is all straight, on grain and bias. Additional blocks can be added to create more rows for sizes in-between or above. This pattern is scrap and yardage friendly. 

As is the case with Julie's, you can make any size you desire from the pattern and all I will need is a completed quilt top to get your feedback.

I will also need honest, constructive feedback so that I can fine tune the pattern if needed to make it easy to read and follow. I will need the testing to be completed and feedback received no later than August 15th. 

If you are interested in testing just leave a comment here letting me know that you are and I'll get back to you. If you have a no-reply account then please leave a way for me to contact you in your comment. 


Thank you guys so so much for your support - it means the world to us!






26 comments:

Jennifer said...

i'd love to try the mod pop - I just finished the retro flowers qal so i'm definitely comfortable with curves!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

these are great designs!
Good work ladies! :)

Ella said...

I am by no means a curve expert, but I'd be willing to give it a go. (I'd say I'm more beginner rank on that than intermediate.) I'd be interested in testing for Mod Pop.

Heather said...

I'd love to test the Mod Pop pattern!

Julianne said...

I'd really like to try Brees pattern, gypsy dance. beautiful!

Unknown said...

i'd love to test either one- they are both really fun patterns!! :)

Lynne said...

Good luck with it all!

Jen said...

I'd love to test the Mod Pop pattern (I love, love, love curved piecing.) I've tested patterns before too.

Jennifer said...

I'd love to try either one. I have a whole stash of fabric waiting for something to make. These are both great and I'll be looking forward to seeing them in diffent fabric combinations! sheets625 at gmail

Colby said...

I would love to test either pattern! I applaud you for taking the leap and going for it! You go girls!

Amy said...

I'd love to try the Gypsy Dance pattern. Love them both!

Leanne said...

I love both of those, I think they will both be popular quilts. If you need any more testers for the mod pop, I am good at curves and would love to make a small one.

Heidi Grohs said...

I would love to help you guys...but would totally slack on you!!!!!!! They both look GREAT!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Keep me in mind if you need someone next time! This sounds like it would be fun to test patterns! Either one would be great! If you need me let me know!

PeachPatchQuilts said...

I am happy to lend a hand with either if you are still looking...

http://thepeachpatch.blogspot.com/

Homemaker Honey said...

Are you still looking for testers? I'm interested in the Mod Pop. However, I am in Australia. I hope that is not a problem. Please keep me in mind for future tester needs.

Thank you!
Deborah
homemakerhoney @gmail .com

Amy said...

I love both quilts. I wish I had the extra time right now to test one.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Both quilts look amazing. If Bree still needs a pattern tester I would like to sign up for a chance. I live in rural Alberta, Canada.

Thanks,

Lindsey
lindseyrion@hotmail.com

Cascade Quilts said...

I love the mod pop quilt! I would love to be a tester, and if I can't be a tester, I'd love to buy the pattern! http://cascadequilts.com

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful pattern. I saw some curves at She can quilt. Wish I would have gotten in as a tester. Maybe next time. LOVE your stuff! I'm sure there will be more commercial patterns. Congrats!!!

jeifner said...

They are both great. And if you still need people I'd love to help. I'd be coming from the "I'm supposed to follow exact instructions?" department. If you'd like that point of view I'm your girl :) .

Andrea said...

I love that design ,Julie! mod pop
I would love to do!!

RobotMomSews said...

I would love to be a tester of anything! If you still need people, or in the future, let me know. :) I love both of these BTW!

Juju Bag Lady said...

I'd like to try both, but if you have to choose am more inclined to the Mod Pop so I can test out a new skill with curves.

Paula said...

I would love to test Mod Pop!!! ARe you still taking testers?

Donna said...

I love your Gypsy Dance. If you are still taking testers... I am interested.

Post a Comment