Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Stuck


Do you ever just feel stuck? 

Like you have plenty to do and the stuff to do it, but just don't know how or where to start?


This may look like I'm hard at work, but I laid it all out there and then sat down and stared at it for about an hour. This has been the story of my life for the past week. 

It seems like every project I want to work on, I can come up with some reason why I can't start it and it's very frustrating.

Ironically, whilst pondering my next move, I was playing with a pin and ended up stuck in more ways than one.


Yes Mom, I'm still biting my nails.

I've made a bit of progress since taking these pictures, hopefully I'll get unstuck soon and back to work. I actually do have quite a bit to show, even if my WIP Wednesday posts have been non-existent :)

I'll be back to show more later...


7 comments:

Heidi Grohs said...

Been "stuck" for almost a month. Even when I went on vacation I wanted to draw up a quilt design.

Nothing. It is so frustrating!

Hoping you find some motivation!!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Yes, yes, and yes! I definitely have been stuck before. The only advice I've got is to exercise some patience. If it isn't coming together today, try tomorrow. Try doing something completely different - use your all-time favorite fabrics for something! Good luck getting through it, I know it's tough, but I also know it will pass :)

Cindy said...

I was stuck not long ago! I get more overwhelmed and then stuck. So, if there's a project that I know has to have a bit step taken, I tend to ignore it hoping someone else will do it...Who? I don't know. Recently I've found it to be helpful to just tell myself that on Friday night (or when ever) I will sit down with what ever project and just tackle that one issue. From there things flow quickly. Or, you could just take a long needed break :)

Lynne said...

I had a "blech" day two days ago; nothing that normally brings me pleasure inspired me - so I started a new project (at 11pm!!)

Krista Schneider said...

Story of my life. It's self-sabotage and I'm really good at it! It usually helps if someone else is around but not all up in my business. Does that make sense? lol. It's like they're holding me accountable, even though it's only in my mind and they don't give two hoots about what I'm doing. This goes for all things... dishes, laundry, etc. Good luck pushing forward :D

Melissa said...

I feel this way sometimes, too. Then, I just sit in my sewing/crafting room and just relax and look around at all of the great supplies until I feel better- or until the dogs attack me:) Creativity always comes back- just give it a bit of time:)

Leanne said...

I often feel like I don't know which project to do in the time I have and end up doing nothing but pondering. I sometimes just start something new or just make something simple to get me into a rhythm. I like seeing that pincushion there, maybe that is a simple kind of project you might try to get you out of a rut?

Post a Comment