Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wet WIP Wednesday

Why "wet"? Cuz this little dude learned to swim without clinging to mommy like a spider monkey on crack this weekend! WIN!

Okay, onto seriousness.

On Ogee:
I actually managed to get past my hangups and finally just start tackling the curves. I have half of them sewn! That means.... 80 more tiny curved blocks to go. But the top half's worth of curves are sewn and back on the wall, and the bottom half have been pulled off and put into the clips of organization!


On Haunted House: The blocks are sewn together in their grid... need to cut borders and add 'em.

On Swoon: Ready? Are you ready? I don't think you are....

the top is DONE.
the back is PIECED.
the quilt is BASTED.
the quilt is QUILTED!




Yeah, I drank a lot of Mountain Dew this week.

On MHC Max and Whiskers: Should I even bother including this in the list? Nuttin'. Big fat nuttin'! But now that Swoon is almost complete, I'll be diving into it.

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced as usual!



Grab a Button:

10 comments:

Joy said...

Rachel always likes when you put pictures of Cole in your posts. :D Yay for Ogee progress!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Well, that sure sounds like a lot of progress to me, great job!!! I'm with you on the sewing of curves - definitely not high up on my list of fun ways to sew - but I'm sure it's going to look gorgeous!

Melinda said...

Wow! You made some major progress this week. Congrats on Swoon; did you chug a 2 liter? And Ogee is coming along well!

Cindy said...

Ogee is really taking shape! The colors you chose are beautiful together and really are nice with the pattern. I can't wait to see it next week :)

Jessica Kelly said...

Wow, you certainly were busy! Those curves look great, and love the quilt top with the horse, great WIPs!

Katie B said...

I can't get over the horse quilt. So cool!

(And as a mother of a 3-year-old boy, I totally get the spider monkey on crack bit!)

Lynette said...

I can't believe how gorgeous your horse is!!! And your ogees are looking fantastic. Love the colors.

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh!!! Melissa @ Yummy Goods would swoon if she saw your quilt in her fabrics!! (She has a thing for unicorns. I thought that is what it was at first glance.) This horse design is absolutely beautiful.

Sharon said...

Those look awesome! And congrats to the little guy for gaining confidence in the water. :)

Leanne said...

Wow, that quilt looks great all done! And the ogee is inspiring, I keep cutting a few bits every day, I hope to do my layout this weekend and get sewing.

Post a Comment