Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Whoa, talk about last minute. I sat down to type this up last night and my computer totally freaked out. Good thing I married an IT guy, eh? A few hours of fiddling and I think we're all fixed!

I was pretty productive this week. I have one finish, Zach's Jungle D9P:

On Ogee:
I have about half of the curved pieces pulled from the wall and started on the sewing. Slowly. These clips are so flipping handy for keeping things in order. My design wall is way taller than I am - I have to stand on a chair to reach the top three rows, so I like to pull things down and keep them in rows, sew them at once, and then stick them back up. Standard office paper clippie-things marked with sharpie keep me organized!



On Swoon for MHC:
I actually made more progress than this photo shows. The white-on-white layer is done. I also couldn't manage to take a photo that showed this properly. All the fabrics are white. The ones showing up as yellow are white-on-white prints. Right now, I have a 38x46ish top with these blocks. Need to add a border and make the under-layer for the reverse applique, and then we're really rockin' and rollin'!

On Max and Whiskers D9P:
Nothing done. Whoops. Soon!

On Haunted House:
Mega Progress! As I posted yesterday, all the blocks are done. I need to sew them together, add borders, and make a really rad pieced backing before I can dream of basting. Please excuse the crappy photo on this as well, Ogee is hogging my design wall!


New:
I've started on a pair of curtains to coordinate with Zach's D9P. New-ish territory for me. I've also finally obtained the solids for Ogee, so I should start making some more progress on that soon. I haven't been motivated because I didn't have everything I needed!

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday again, check it out!






11 comments:

Cindy said...

I really like you Halloween quilt! I keep thinking that some day I will make a quilt for each month and rotate them out as time goes by. This one would be perfect for Oct! Well done!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I love all those houses, so fun!!!! What a fantastic idea for a Halloween quilt :)

Lynne said...

Wow! It would scare the quilting novice in me to have that much on the go at once! Mind you, I'd better take a look at my knitting WIPs: 1,2,3,...

Kerstin said...

I love that jungle quilt! And what a great idea for organizing fabric!

Sadie said...

The jungle quilt is so cool. I have a seven yr old who would love that :-)
Really, really love your Haunted House top :-) so much.

Melinda said...

Love the Halloween and the jungle quilt. I haven't tried houses yet. Need to put that one on my list.

Katie B said...

Zach's quilt is awesome!

Andrea said...

that organized for the sigma!

Lynette said...

I really love how you work on multiple projects at a time (my style, too). I get bored working on only one thing with the same colors/techniques all the time. I need a rotation of 3 or 4 active projects to shift from. Usually they organize nicely at different "stations" (like one is in a piecing stage, one lives in my hand-sewing tote, one needs border work or quilting).

I totally get that many friends love having the clarity of only one project going at once. (A lot easier when they're doing small or jiffy-style projects.)

I just get tired of being judged for being different and needing variety. So it's nice to see that I'm not a loner. :D

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love your Halloween quilt. It's so fun!

Lee said...

Wow, you are so darn organized with your Ogee blocks. : ) And that Halloween quilt is ridiculously cute. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

Post a Comment