Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cosmic Burst Quilt Along Winner!

Did you guys think I forgot to do this?

I didn't, though I did get an email from Bree at 8:45 wondering if I was going to draw. I think she was impatient to find out who won! 

Sorry guys, I shipped everyone off to school and work this morning and then decided that since the babies were still sleeping I was going to get some more sleep myself.

Enough jabbering, I know what you're here for. 

The winner of the Dainty Blossoms fat quarter bundle via Random.org is...


...#8, Nat Hessey!

Nat made this gorgeous pink version as a retirement present for her co-worker, a 6 year breast cancer survivor.

DSCN4465

Congratulations Nat, and beautiful job! I'm sure your co-worker will love it!

But wait, what's this? Another drawing? Well, remember back in the very beginning when I realized I made a boo boo with the fabric requirements? I felt SO bad about that and you guys were all so gracious about it and left me some very kind comments. 

So I'm going to pay you guys back in the best way I know how, by doing another drawing for more fabric!

I'm going to draw from everybody who participated this time, even if they didn't link up. And it looks like Dede is the only one missing. Dede, where are you? I know you finished! 

I'll put her down as number 10 and draw again...


#7, Rebecca!!

Rebecca made this fun coffee themed version

Cosmic Burst

She's been worrying since before she even started cutting that it was too busy, but I love it. 

Rebecca, leave me a comment and tell me your favorite color (or two colors, or three, whatever) and I'll send you a surprise bundle of four fat quarters. (I'll shoot you an email a bit later in case you don't see this, the kids are ready to play so I have to run!)

Thanks so much to everybody for quilting along with me, I have really enjoyed seeing everybody's creations and all of the different variations of this pattern. And seeing all of the great comments from both you and your friends all over blog land as you've been posting pictures has seriously made my day! I hope you all had as great a time as I did!


3 comments:

Nat said...

Holy guacomole!!! This is the first thing that I have won EVER! How exciting!!! Thank you for a wonderful Quilt-Along. I've already ordered more fabric to start another variation of this quilt in the 70 x 70 size <3

Kristy fordhook1 said...

I had a great time too! Congrats to the winners! I'm a winner too cause I now have a new quilt! Thanks Julie, it was fun!

Rebecca said...

Oh wow, thank you Julie! Lately I'm loving grays & blues/aquas. Congratulations Nat!

I really love this pattern and look forward to using it again. =]

Post a Comment