Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Finish of the Neptune Variety

This is my last finish for awhile, promise :)

I know it looks like I have been super busy but the truth is, I've had a lot of almost finishes done for so long that I pushed through and finished them up so that I could focus on some fun stuff I have going on. 

So remember that wall hanging on I started on ages ago? Here it is!

Neptune wall hanging

I am LOVING it up against the gray wall in my bedroom. I told Bree that I was thinking about painting my living room this same shade so I could hang it out there. She about had a heart attack, she knows how much I just LOVE gray (said in the most sarcastic way possible). Don't the colors look good together though?

Here's a closeup, I quilted following the diagonal lines in the pattern.

closeup of Neptune wall hanging

You can see the quilting better on the back. 

I used the leftover triangles and randomly pieced them into the back. The solid is Kona Ice Frappe, it matches the lighter blue in the collection so nicely.

back of Neptune wall hanging

I used an Aurifil 28wt thread to quilt with, I love how pronounced it is. I will definitely use it more often for quilting. 

Seriously, I promise to quit showing off for now. My current WIPs are quite time consuming so it will be awhile before I have another finish to share. I'll show you what I'm working on tomorrow for WIP Wednesday!

Linking this up to the Summer Sewing Contest at Ellison Lane Quilts!

4 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it looks so nautical.

love it!

Lynne said...

It does look lovely against the "neutral" background.

KellyS said...

Julie, thanks for the comment on the pin. I should have came back here to post a comment, but I just assumed that you didn't want your quilts pinned. I am glad that wasn't the issue and you got it figured out. Beautiful quilt BTW!

Heidi Grohs said...

It really does look great against your favorite *cough* gray.

Post a Comment