Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wiggle Wiggle WIP Wednesday!



Wiggle Wiggle? What the heck is she saying?!

I haven't made a whole lot of progress due to a certain toddling terror this week. He dislocated his elbow on Sunday, resulting in a trip to the ER, and re-dislocated it this morning at daycare! Poor Kid! He keeps me on my toes. After his second relocation, we tested out his arm ... "wiggle, wiggle, Kiddo!" (Insert funky chicken flailing arms here). Try it. It's quite liberating.

So.. not tons of progress, but a little bit!

On Ogee:

I am ALL CUT! YAY!!! Rejoice with me, that's more tracing and cutting than I've ever done in my life, but oh-so-worth it. Now, it's up on the design wall. I'm still fiddling with the layout a bit - there are a few places that disappear into each other. And that white block is supposed to stick out like a sore thumb - it'll be an appliqued birdcage eventually :)


 I also got my binding strips cut. Bonus points if you can guess what that blackish blob in the far distance is... and not the blob that is the rotary cutter.

Now, I'm onto practicing curves! Even if you're not doing the ogee quilt along, you have GOT to check out Lesly's curve sewing post. She's a genius. Plain and simple.
Since I have an issue with throwing out scraps, I decided to make my practice pieces into something useful. I'm not sure what it'll be yet. Maybe a whole quilt top. Maybe.. I don't know. Any ideas on how to make this grow?



Haunted House Quilt:
No progress. I pulled it down from the design wall to make way for Ogee. It's calling me, though.

Other:
Swoon Road to Spring for Margaret's Hope Chest... this one has changed. Here is the fabric selection:

And here is the new inspiration. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'm gonna give it the ol' college try! The girl I selected for the Wrapped in Hope program loves horses, so I'll de-horn the unicorn. The current plan is for charm squares for the underside, white-on-white pinwheels for the top, and a border using both colors to extend it larger. I've got my measurements done, I need to start cutting!

MHC Max and Whiskers D9P: Cut.

Zach's Jungle Quilt: the fat quarters are pulled off the shelf finally, does that count as progress?

Linking up to WIP Wednesday again!



15 comments:

Katie B said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your little one! That happened to my son a few months ago. Ouch!

Great progress! I'm excited to see what you do with the horse quilt.

patchworkdelights said...

Ok so I am defo going to try curves! Thanks for commenting! Fi

Live a Colorful Life said...

Wow, you've got lots going on. I'm definitely going to check out the info on curved piecing. I can't wait to see the birdcage--that is going to be amazing!

My granddaughter has dislocated her elbow twice, the last time when we were at the lake, two hours away from the emergency room. Very traumatic.

KristyLou said...

Wow, you have a lot of WIPs. But they are looking great!

Kerstin said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your little one! Hope he is feeling better! And like all the others have said, you have been busy! I like your practices blocks, I think they would make a nice quilt.

Bree said...

Your poor little guy! I hope he heals up quickly & doesn't continue to have troubles with the elbow. Oh the joys of little boys I have to look forward to! :)

That ogee is awesome! Thanks for sharing the video for the curves. I agree, your practice pieces will make a fun quilt.

Lee said...

Oh no! My nephew dislocated his elbow once and the ER guy taught my sister how to pop it back into place in case it ever happens again. I'm not sure I could do that without fainting, so I guess it's a good thing I have girls. : ) Your Ogee quilt looks fab, I really want to make that one sometime! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Marci Girl said...

Poor little man, that sound so painful! Ogee quilt coming along really nicely!

I forgot that two people blog here, and I was quite confused for some time, and then I remembered - Duh!

Kristen said...

Amazing set of projects! Poor guy! I hope he doesn't do it again! Sometimes silly words and adult arm flailing will cheer up the grumpiest of kiddos! :)

Rachel said...

Love the Ogee quilt. I may have to make one of those myself. Hope your son is all better soon.

felicity said...

I love the Ogee, too - I agree about Lesly's curve post. Sorry about the kiddo's elbow. Yikes! My guess is the black blob is his head, by the way. :)

Lynne said...

I hope your little boy is feeling better soon.

I love how your Ogee quilt is coming together.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the little guy, I hope he outgrows it soon!

That horse quilt looks amazing... I hope you show your process because it really gives me a headache trying to think about how to do that! It is gorgeous though!!! And so sweet of you to do all of that for the Wrapped in Hope project. You are amazing! She will be one blesssed girl.

Melinda said...

Love your Ogee. And I SO want to try curved piecing. We just had a little class in it at our last guild meeting. Yours looks so cute with the bright colors!

Leanne said...

The ogee is looking good, sorry to hear about your son, it is so stressful when they get hurt.

Post a Comment