Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday #29

I'm not clever with titles, sorry. :)

This week has certainly been more productive than last. The incredible bendable toddler has remained in one piece. He is holding steadfast to his story that "GiGi hurt my arm!". (GiGi is a classmate of his... who was nowhere near him at the time of the incident. But kudos to the Kid for holding so strong to that story!) He's even realized that being hurt gets you sympathy and popsicles, so he's taken to running around and telling people "GiGi hurt my arm!".... but he can't remember which one was actually hurt, so he just holds up whichever one he thinks is right. He's usually wrong. I'm getting a giggle out of it.

Onto quilty things!

On Ogee:
Nada. It's making a really pretty decoration on my wall, though. And I also found out last week that my templates shrunk to fit my page when I printed them... so I cut every bloody piece incorrectly. Fortunately, it's an easy fix - I just need to resquare my centers. But GAH!
I did make the binding for it, though. As well as the binding for my Jungle D9P and my Swoon quilt!
Mmm, pile of bindings!
Have you guys tried out the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker? Lurve. For reals. And I've heard that some Walmarts carry it for way cheaper than Joann's. Amazon, too.


 On Swoon:

CUT! And marked! And.. I don't have a gosh darn clue what the flip I'm doing, but I suppose it'll come together in sheer awesomeness at the end. Or perhaps be shredded and become pillow stuffing. But the binding's sorta sexy, so that's a start.



 Zach's Jungle D9P -
Whoa mama, I was productive! I not only cut, pieced, and basted, but I also quilted, trimmed, and prepped binding. All that's left is hand sewing. That's what 2 am and a 2 liter of mountain dew'll do for you. I call it the rule of 2. Try it.



Haunted House: 2 new wonky house blocks done! I have two cute little scenes I'm deciding on at the moment - unsure if I want to do the last two house blocks as actual houses, or play with those scenes. These are the two newbies:




MHC Max and Whiskers D9P - Big fat nothin'. It's pretty on my shelf though!

New: matching curtains and pillowcases for Zach's Jungle Quilt! Hope to have progress on those for next week - I just ordered the lining tonight.


 And, just because I like looking at my crazy bright walls, I got a new table for my laundry room! I think it's rather cute. (Yep, that's a quilt back hiding those boxes that you're pretending not to look at.) I'm quite excited about this, though. Right now, it is too doggone hot to even dream of sitting out there - no a/c in the laundry room! But come November or so, it'll be a nice winter craft table, laundry folding table, etc. You know, for the three weeks of bearable temperatures we have.


As usual, I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday, which is hiding out over at Don't Call Me Betsy this week. Check it out!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




10 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

The binding definitely is cool for your Swoon - did you use the bias tape maker? I've absolutely given it thought before, it would be so super handy to have around! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Love the pile of bindings! Does the tape maker only do one size? I'm a 2.25 inch binding girl! Love those yellow walls too. very bold!

CityHouseStudio said...

I just love those little Halloween houses - too cute!

Melinda said...

Wow, I'll have to remember the 2:2 rule! You got some major progress done on the jungle quilt. Very cute! I'm glad you mentioned the bias tape maker. I've seen them but was never sure if they were worth it. Thanks for a definitive comment on them!

Katie B said...

You sure did get a lot done! Zach is going to love that jungle quilt. How fun!

Love the 2 and 2 rule. Speaking of, I better go in search of a diet coke...

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

If I did your rule 2 I would be going strong for a week at least. I had a glass of green tea at Panera's once and was up for 48 hours straight, never again!! Love your laundry area and it is hot here too. We went from running the furnace right into to the air conditioner, where did the nice spring weather go? The zoo quilt it looking good.

Marsha Cooper said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a bias tape maker, but I'm sure going to look in to it now!
I love yellow so love the walls in your laundry room.

Melanie said...

I love your little Halloween blocks! So cute!

Kate S. said...

Those Halloween houses are super cute!

Lynne said...

Wow! A laundry room big enough for a table! Mine is at the back of the garage and is about 2 metres x 2 metres square!

Post a Comment