Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WIP Wednesday, Bree Edition

Whoo!
After about 10 days away from my sewing machine, I'm finally back in the saddle. I had family in town, and spent the last week hanging out poolside... good times, but no sewing!
No, I am not any tanner than I was before. As a coworker pointed out, there's a solid chance I might start to sparkle in the sunshine if I'm not careful.

After getting past finishing Pretty Doggies a couple of weeks ago, I've settled into a madhouse of multiple projects.

In Progress:

The Ogee Quilt Along in Sunkissed
Status: cutting in progress. Sweet Pete, that's a lot of tracing, marking, and cutting!

Haunted House Quilt (Riley Blake's Boo to You)
Status: Six Blocks complete. I'm currently deciding on layout. I've steered further from my original plan than intended. Each block finishes at 12", and I feel that a 4x5 layout would be sufficient as this is going to be a living room throw quilt. With a 4x5 layout, only 6 wonky house blocks doesn't seem like enough, so I'm aiming to make 4 more, for an even 10, with 10 topsy turvy blocks remaining. I'm also considering a ... ready?... pieced sashing. Am I crazed?



Not Started:

Swoon Bricks Quilt (Think Road to Spring, but with bigger blocks): for Margaret's Hope Chest
Max and Whiskers D9P - the charms are cut for this, but that's it : for Margaret's Hope Chest
Jungle Themed Baby D9P - a baby gift for a friend who may or may not have had her baby in December... sorry, Jess!

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced... go check out the projects!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




11 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

Love the haunted houses blocks - what a fun idea!!

Melinda said...

Ooh! Haunted wonky houses! Adorable

Angela N. said...

I think a pieced sash would be thrilling!

Mitzi said...

What a cute idea - love the haunted wonky houses!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

The fabric for your Ogee quilt is very pretty. I like your wonky houses and probably a pieced sashing would really be nice. It is fun to go a little crazy like that.

Marci Girl said...

I love your Halloween houses, such a cute idea!

Quilt Genius said...

If you have a tiny rotary, you can skip the tracing part and the cutting is much faster!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Crimson Lily said...

Great wonky haunted houses! I've been wanting to do a wonky house quilt but didn't know where to start. I think you may have inspired me!

Kerstin said...

Those haunted houses looks great! And did you feel some withdrawal from the sewing machine or was it good to take a break?

Debbie said...

I think having multiple projects going is inspiring!

Lee said...

Those houses are so cute! I wish I was doing the Ogee quilt-along, but I have too much other stuff on my plate right now. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Post a Comment